Tuesday 2 March 2010

Where's That Then? No 14

What can I say? Or as Only Daughter said on the phone at half past eight this morning "Never mind 'Where's That Then' what about 'Where Are You Then?'". But how is it possible that a brand new computer, installed last July, can just suddenly decide to not do anything? Aren't they supposed to mend themselves or something, apologising profusedly whilst they're doing it? Anyway, that's my excuse for the extreme tardiness of this week's puzzle picture. Great shot though, ain't it? From a new discovery, a 1948 book photographed by Val Doone (no, really). And of a place I'm not really very familiar with, having rushed about it at eight o'clock on a summer's morning and driven off. I must return.

7 comments:

TIW said...

There's a whiff of Knaresborough about it.

Anonymous said...

I vote Knaresborough, too.

Martin H. said...

I've no idea where this is, but doesn't Knaresborough have a really high viaduct across the river, rather than this somewhat elaborate (but comparatively low) bridge?

Very frustrating - I'm not usually up in time to compete on these!

P.S. If you're not already a convert, Peter, Apple computers are usually rather less troublesome than the Windows types.

Philip Wilkinson said...

Is it Barnard Castle?

Diplomate said...

10/10 to Wilko - certainly is Barnard C - I'm a bit late today on account of having to go to work this morning !!! Now then - I have vague memories of the Coach & Horses I think - horrible Northern Beer but a fine pie&chips.

Anonymous said...

Of course it is!

Peter Ashley said...

Wilko Wins! Sorry to be so late again confirming result.